12 January 2006

Writer's Block

Yeah, yeah, I know I keep saying I'm going to write more in this thing and then I don't.  I have tried, though.  I just have some serious writer's block going.  Today is the first time I was able to put a single sentence down.  I have tried a bunch of times in the last couple of weeks, though.

The problem is that this blog has to be something that I want to read.  So if I can't entertain myself with the prose, then I don't want to write it.  Hence the lack of posts here.  I wonder if is due to the lack of creative outlets in my life for the last month?  I haven't played in my DnD game for three or four weeks now.  And my wife and I finished our adoption book about 3 weeks ago (though we are still trying to get it printed correctly.  Bleh!)  I would figure that having no creative outlets would spurn me to use this blog as my creative outlet -- but it doesn't seem to work that way.  Its kinda like they feed each other.  I don't know.

I finally have some topics that interest me however, so posts on the following are forthcoming:
  • My gift(s) for being the best man at PlasticKelly's/CelticGypsy's wedding
  • Trading tobacco for bookoo bucks in space
  • DnD update -- a visit to the library!
  • A rant on the current state of bad words in modern America
I will at least write up the first three.  I have tried to write the last piece twice now, and it gets way too profane for me to post it in a public forum.  Still, I may take another shot at it.

1 comment:

zhsy00001 said...

My mother reads my blog. I will not cuss (much) in front of my mother. I cuss on the blog. It is a personal decision.

I read somewhere that the best thin for writer's block is a good sh-t and a stiff drink.

What the h-ll did you do with that knife anyway? Do I want to know?

Kelly