26 November 2005

A Gift, A Job and A Journey

Well, the adoption story book is finally kinda winding up. Below is my first draft of the complete text of the story. We are still missing a few pictures. I want to add a San Fran illustration with the Hans and Christine page. I also want to add some do-dads on the Bethany/Linda/Bryan page. But maybe not.

The two pictures of Bunny at the end are the same, so my wife needs to draw up one more rabbit with a present.

We are going to try to get rid of about half of the text so that should make the whole thing a little less daunting to read.

For some reason, when I webify our book, the pictures get shrunk down to their exact bounds. Each frame is supposed to be on its own sheet of paper.

Please provide feedback. [Edit 5:49pm I just noticed that I forgot to add the picture of Mt. Hood on the third page. It will be present in the final book. I just didn't remember to include it here. -Obiwanchunn]

























2 comments:

Alexis Arr. said...

Ha! That's great, though there are a few typos.

I'm not sure if it's really necessary to trunkate the text, it reads pretty well in my opinion.

Celtic Gypsy said...

I agree with Alexis...It reads well as is. If you edited half of the text you lose the story. Just make sure to spell Bryan's name correctly before the final draft. Laurie, your artwork helps make the story. (It is so cute.)