15 October 2005

Adoption Marketing

My wife and I started working on our “Getting to Know Us” book for prospective birth mothers – the point of this book to sell ourselves to someone who is making a very tough decision. I imagine that someone thinking about giving their child up for adoption has to be working off a very high level of emotions.

That said – my wife and I want to take a simple approach to this thing. We are going to try to take a simple tack. We thought about introducing ourselves with a little kid story. I wanted it to be Curious George-like, but my wife wanted to go with bunnies, since they were easier to draw.

So I started on the storyboard, and my wife started on sketches. Here are the first two pages of the storyboard. My wife's sketches follow.

My style is very cartoony and may not be very suitable for such a serious subject matter. My wife's style will tend to be more cute.

We'll play with it a bit more. You should see lots more on this subject.





No comments: